Dec 21, 2013

Book 18: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Here is another book I have been hearing about and I thought I would pick up as my bed time reading.  It took me longer to get through than I thought it would considering it is a Young Adult novel.

It is a story if a young foster German girl living in Nazi Germany.  It is also a story narrated by death, who is very busy at this time in history.  It is a good book, it is a different kind of book.  It is a tear jerk-er.  It is a book not for the younger YA audience but for those who are a bit older.  I say this only because I am not sure my preteen would be able to follow and go along with the jerkiness of the story.  It is not a smoothly narrated story instead it has weird breaks and interjections.

Definitely  worth the read.

Not sure what it up next.  I am reading some "parenting" type things right now, and of course working through my final short stories of Fitzgerald.  I may pick up a loner newer book, or try to read some DH Lawrence that I downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments....