Sep 3, 2013

Book 11- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick

So for book 11 I finished a kids book.  Yep, I am by no means a kid, but hey, it was laying around and I picked it up and it was good.

I purchased the book for my kids to read.  They loved "The Invention of Hugo Cabret," so I thought they would enjoy this one as well.  So far my son is still a bit young to read this on his own, and my daughter is a tad intimidated by the sheer size of the book, and that the main character is a twelve year old boy.  She would rather read about girls at this age.

If you are not familiar with his earlier book, "The Invention of Hugo Cabret", you need to know that Wonderstruck is written in the same half written word and half pictorial storytelling, which makes the 400+ book much quicker to read.

Wonderstruck is a story that takes place in both 1977 and 1927 with characters who are deaf, and have a connection to the Natural History Museum.  Personally, I wished the girl portion of the story was written versus being mostly picture based, like with my daughter I would prefer to follow the girl.

It is a good book and one I would recommend for kids, but I think his first book is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments....