Sep 6, 2013

Book 12: The Real Midnight in Paris by Paul Brody

No denying I am a F Scott Fitzgerald enthusiast, which eventually leads me to the "Lost Generation" and the expats that lived and created in Paris in the '20s, which of course was wonderfully portrayed in Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris".  This book was obviously created in the wake of that movie.

The Real Midnight in Paris: A History of the Expatriate Writers in Paris that made up the Lost Generation, by Paul Brody

It is a good little book, but I had hoped for more.  Really, it is a primer book on some of the players of that time, but if you are hoping for more of a feel of how things were at that time and place this is not the book.  However, if you are unfamiliar with the "Lost Generation" it is a good place to start. 

Personally, I am unfamiliar with a lot of the artists and writers that were sprinkled in "Midnight in Paris" and was hoping to get a bit of information on who they were when I pick this book.  I did not get that.

Currently Reading Life after Life by Kate Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments....