Nov 19, 2013

Book 17: The Gospel According to Coco Chanel: Life Lessons from the World's Most Elegant Woman by Karen Karbo

I am not sure why I even picked up this book for my tablet, but I did.  It maybe that it was on a sale and it was late at night.  I am sure I bought it for less than the $8.00 it is currently selling for.

With all that said, I liked the book and was irritated by the book.  I really enjoyed the topic and I really didn't know much about Coco Chanel and her career.  I was fascinated by her early life.  What irriteted by was the writing style of Ms. Karbo.  I always feel a tad icky when I say this, I mean who am I to criticize someones writing knowing I would be no better.  But basically, I felt the author was too wordy and was trying too hard to be clever.  It felt like a blog writer who was trying to sound like she was having a personal conversation with the reader over drinks.  She just inserted herself too much into the story for my taste.

However, for an introduction into Chanel, it was satisfactory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments....