Nov 2, 2013

Hair: Month 1

Ok this is a post that is strictly for me and my hair.  I am at a point where I am going to grow my hair.   I have never been able to get it long, and I am going to see if I can get it longer.  I have been documenting it for about a month.  Here are my first pictures.

I have been trying to avoid my hair dryer, teasing, and curling my hair.  I am also trying a different shampoo to see if there is a difference, and I am taking some biotin.
 Now lets see if there has  been any noticeable growth.  I am not expecting to see much, but I have noticed a difference in texture since I have started using the new shampoo. 
Here are the pictures from today.  I had my daughter actually measure my length, from the crown of my head to the tips, and it was 12.5 inches.

So here are all the details: I dyed my hair red about 2 months ago, and the color has faded.  Before that I had very serious blonde highlights in my hair.  I was very blond as a child, but now I think my natural color is more of a dark or dirty blond.  Besides laying off of the heat, teasing and products (except for special occasions) I will be letting my hair grow out naturally.  My hair is fine and there is not a lot of it, it has a somewhat silky texture, so it doesn't hold barrettes or much of anything in it.  I have always worn my hair short because when it gets to shoulder length it looks stringy and I hate it, but I want to see what it is like longer.  I am guessing I am not going to like it long, but I want to do this once so I can get it out of my system, also I would love to be able to put my hair in some funky ponytails and such, but I am guessing with how thin my hair is it won't look as nice as I would like it to.  Also as of right now, there is no short hair style I am dying to try out.  I am sure if I see one that I fall in love with this experiment will be over.  Oh currently I have short bangs, I will be keeping my bangs, and I do blow dry them, it is the only area that will get heat.  I am making that concession because my hair is so limp and I am not sure I could do it any other way.

So there it is, lets see what happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments....