Jul 17, 2014

Book 34: The Giver by Lois Lowry

What a relief to find a book that does not have a love triangle and does not tie every thing up with a big bright happy bow.  In fact the ending of this book is open to interpretation.  I sped through this one, really reading the last 75% of it yesterday.

Yes, it is a kids book and yes it may not be the most in depth book, but it was thought provoking and enjoyable.  I am looking forward to having my daughter read this one.  I really want to see how she responds to it.

I don't think I would blindly recommend this book, as there are some pretty tough issues that are brought up and I would want to be prepared for questions they may have.

Originally it was written to stand alone, but later she wrote 3 follow up books.  I will be reading them, but I will give it a little time.

Looking forward to seeing the movie adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments....