Dec 28, 2014

Abandoned Book 5: J by Howard Jacobsen

 I had very high hopes for this book.  The snippet had me hooked and seemed to be right in my reading sweet spot.  Check out the blurb...

Set in the future - a world where the past is a dangerous country, not to be talked about or visited - J is a love story of incomparable strangeness, both tender and terrifying.

Two people fall in love, not yet knowing where they have come from or where they are going. Kevern doesn't know why his father always drew two fingers across his lips when he said a world starting w...
The reality was I really did not care about the love story or the characters, and the story of the history that is not talked about did not seem like it would be revealed.  I got about 75% of this book read and finally gave up because I was not having fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments....